Friday, July 13, 2007

GASP! IT'S FRIDAY THE 13TH!



Are you a paraskevidekatriaphobe?

Here are some precautions you can take to stay lucky this Friday the 13th.

  • Stand on your head and swallow a chunk of beef gristle.
  • Take a holey sock to the top of a skyscraper or a mountain.
  • Walk around the block with a mouthful of water--and be careful not to swallow it.
  • Tie a sack of peony seeds around your neck (not too tight, though).
  • Avoid crossing paths with a black cat.
  • Do not walk underneath a ladder.
  • Try not to break any mirrors!
  • Say "Gesundheit!" or "Bless you!" if someone sneezes.

Good luck to you all! Have a great Friday!

7 comments:

Salem said...

beef gristle? that's lucky? I feel lucky if the steak doesn't have some.

I'm very anti-superstition. So that means I'm probably going to die from the impact of something falling from a ladder.

Happy 13th

Nölff said...

Only Irish people have bad luck on F.13. It's retribution for pinching non-Irish on St.Paddy's day for not wearing green. This is true.

madamerouge said...

Peonies are among my most-adored flowers.

I saw this story today, and remembered all of my new midwestern friends. You guys are the best. Eye heart ewe.

John Q. Public esq. said...

I love me some gristle but so often dont get a chance to sit down to a plate of well steamed delight.

All my best,

JQP

Heidi the Hick said...

Timaaaaaaayyyyyy

You look gorgeous in that photo. I mean it.

Just sayin!

I'm not superstitious. I have a black cat in my house and another one in the barn.

I LOVE Friday the 13th! Not the movie though. I am squeamish.

No one asked us said...

It is one of my favourite holidays. My friends and I celebrate it almost religiously.

S said...

You know that line about stepping on a crack will break your mother's back?

It doesn't work. I've tried. Many, many times.